Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A rich delicious bread pudding - can be served as dessert or at a brunch. I always get rave reviews and requests for the recipe.
- French bread, loaf cubed
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups white chocolate (I use Nestle chips)
- 2 ounces brandy
- For pudding.
- Soak bread in milk.
- Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Coat 13 x 9 baking dish with the butter before adding pudding. Or, individual ramekin dishes.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- For Sauce.
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Stir in brandy.
- Serve warm sauce over warm pudding.
What an amazing bread pudding. It was wonderful the sauce is very good. The only thing I did different was add a tiny bit more of cream and a little extra brandy. Overall followed to the t. My family and I would like to give you a very big THANK-YOU for the recipe.