gail coburn's Note:
This is a very good Bread Pudding recipe from New Orleans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 quart milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1preheat oven 350 degrees.
- 2soak bread in milk.
- 3add eggs, sugar, vanilla, raisins and mix well.
- 4Pour margarine in bottom of heavy 9x14 baking pan.
- 5Add bread mixture and bake til firm about 40 minutes.
- 7cube it and place in individual dessert dishes.
- 8When ready to serve add Whiskey Sauce and heat under broiler for a few minutes.
- 10Cream sugar and margarine and cook in a dble boiler until very hot and dissolved.
- 11Add beaten egg and whip very fast so egg doesn't curdle.
- 12Cool and add Whiskey.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 997.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.5 mg
- Sodium 906.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 167.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 89.3 g
- Protein 22.9 g