Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very good Bread Pudding recipe from New Orleans.
Make and share this Bread Pudding with Whiskey Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven 350 degrees.
- soak bread in milk.
- add eggs, sugar, vanilla, raisins and mix well.
- Pour margarine in bottom of heavy 9x14 baking pan.
- Add bread mixture and bake til firm about 40 minutes.
- cube it and place in individual dessert dishes.
- When ready to serve add Whiskey Sauce and heat under broiler for a few minutes.
- Cream sugar and margarine and cook in a dble boiler until very hot and dissolved.
- Add beaten egg and whip very fast so egg doesn't curdle.
- Cool and add Whiskey.
This is a delicious bread pudding recipe. I only made half of the recipe, and used two eggs. I also added a touch of nutmeg, which I thought complemented the whiskey sauce very well. The result was light and moist, and I will definitely make it again! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This is an excellent recipe. I bought a loaf of french bread but I kept forgetting to make this, so by the time I did the bread was very hard. I had to add extra milk to compensate, but that was the only change I made to this. I served this without the whiskey sauce because I'm a bread pudding purist. My mother and aunt were over for dinner and they both love bread pudding and both ate a bunch and took the recipe - quite a compliment if you knew my aunt. :) Very, very good and super fast! It would have taken virtually no time at all if my bread had been fresh. As it was, I think it took me maybe 10 minutes to prepare. Thank you so much...I have been looking for a good bread pudding recipe for years. Who knew the best one would be so easy? This was perfect.
Simple to make. Absolutely scrumpous to eat.