1 hr 20 mins
The whiskey sauce is what makes this recipe incredible. It comes from my friend Beth, who is a great cook! She also uses nuts or pineapple for a variation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf bread (any type white, wheat, etc. 16 oz.ish)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups packed brown sugar (hard)
- 5 cups light cream or 5 cups half-and-half or 5 cups milk (or a combination)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1For the pudding:.
- 2In a large bowl, mix beaten egg with vanilla, brown sugar, cream/milk with wire whisk until blended.
- 3Add raisins.
- 4Break up bread into 13x9x2 pan and pour the liquid (above) in slowly.
- 5When all the liquid is in, use either your clean hands or a spoon to squish the bread so that it falls apart and becomes mixed evenly with the liquid.
- 6It needs to be very wet and somewhat giggly.
- 7Bake in 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes to one hour- test at 45 minutes with a knife to see if the pudding is set up.
- 8The pudding should bounce back a little and the knife should come out almost clean from the center.
- 9The pudding will look very raised and poofy when you remove it from the oven.
- 10It will fall in a minute.
- 11For the Sauce:.
- 12In a small saucepan, melt one stick butter or margarine.
- 13Add brown sugar and stir constantly until melted.
- 14Add whiskey and stir again until heated.
- 15Double the recipe if you like a lot of sauce on the bread pudding, but use only ¾ cup of the whiskey.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.8
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 156.8 mg
- Sodium 374.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 75.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g