1/1 Photo of Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Bread Pudding Recipe from the New Orleans School of Cooking that I attended. What is great about this recipe is that you can substitute your favorite fruit juice or liquer. You can even switch out the fruit to make it your own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) French bread, stale loaf, crumbled
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1Bread Pudding:.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Mixture should be moist but not soupy (oatmeal consistency).
- 4Pour into a buttered 9" by 12" (or larger) baking dish.
- 5Place in 'non-preheated' oven.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- 7Serve with warm whiskey sauce.
- 8Whiskey Sauce:.
- 9Cream butter and sugar over medium heat until all butter is absorbed.
- 10Remove from heat and blend in egg yolk.
- 11Pour in bourbon gradually stirring constantly.
- 12Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- 13Serve warm over bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.9
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.7 mg
- Sodium 240.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 6.9 g