Recipe by Chef Travis W Holland
I make this Bread Pudding for my family and they love it. For the Sauce you can add the whiskey or leave it achool free. If you make it with out the whiskey ADD another 1/4 to 1/2 cup more cream till it come out the consistency you like. Either way the Sauce will came out outstanding. Try to use as many Organic or Natural product you can. When you indulge yourself with a treat this tasty, you want to try to make it as Healthy as possible. Enjoy ............... From Chef Travis W Holland
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups whole milk
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 loaves raisin bread, cut into 1x1inch peices
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, for sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, for sauce
- 1 egg, beaten, for sauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, for sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, for sauce
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey, for sauce
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, for sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, for sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan.
- Mix together granulated sugar, eggs, and milk in a bowl; add vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour over cubed bread and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup brown sugar over the top. Place a peice of parchment paper over the top and bake for 35. Then remove the parchment paper and place back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until set. Remove from oven.
- For the sauce:.
- Mix together the brown sugar, butter, egg, nutmeg, whiskey, and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat wisk together till the butter and sugar is melted and completely blended into the sauce. In a bowl mix the cornstarch and the heavy cream together. Add the cream mixture to the sauce and continue to whisk till it comes it a light boil, then remove from the heat. Pour the Whiskey Sauce over bread pudding. Serve warm or cold.
- Enjoy: from Chef Travis W Holland.