1/5 Photos of Bread Pudding With Warm Whiskey Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
Galley Wench's Note:
Mimi's Cafe bread pudding. Sinfully delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
warm whiskey sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Soak raisins in warm water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- 3Lighly grease a 9-inch-glass casserole and fill with French bread cubes(use enough bread to come all the way to the top of the pan).
- 4Sprinkle raisins on top.
- 5In large bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, beaten eggs, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and melted butter.
- 6Pour over the bread and raisins and lighly fold in using a spatula.
- 7Allow the bread to soak for 30 minutes. The pan will be very full. If you have too much batter, discard the excess. If there is not enough to fill the pan add additional half-and-half or milk.
- 8Bake for about 45 minutes, until the pudding is golden brown and puffed up around the edges. The center should be "set" but still a little soft.
- 9To make the whiskey sauce:
- 10In a small bowl beat eggs together with whiskey. Set aside.
- 11Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- 12Add the sugar and stir well.
- 13Remove from the heat, let cool slightly. Quickly whisk in the beaten eggs and whiskey.
- 14Place the sauce back on the stove over low heat and whisk constantly until the sauce has slightly thickened, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- 15NOTE: If over cooked the sauce will curdle.
- 16Keep warm until serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Warm Whiskey Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.9
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 32.2 g
- Cholesterol 347.7 mg
- Sodium 538.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 62.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g