1 hr 10 mins
This recipe comes from Bon Appetite, September 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups cinnamon-raisin bread (day old bread with crusts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1Butter 8-inch square baking dish.
- 2Whisk first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Place bread and pecans in prepared dish. Pour milk mixture over and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Push down bread into custard.
- 4Refrigerate 2 hours, pushing bread into custard occasionally.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F
- 6Place bread pudding in large metal baking pan.
- 7Add enough boiling water to baking pan to come 1 inch up sides of dish with bread pudding.
- 8Bake until pudding is puffed and golden brown on top, approximately 50 minutes. Remove dish with bread pudding from water and cool slightly.
- 9Cut into squares. Serve bread pudding warm with sauce.
- 10To make the bourbon sauce:.
- 11Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- 12Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- 13Simmer until thickened, whisking often, about 3 minutes.
- 14Cool slightly.
- 15Place some of the sauce on top of a square of bread pudding.
- 16**Cook time does not include refrigeration time of 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Warm Bourbon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.1
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 230.0 mg
- Sodium 133.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 7.3 g