Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best bread pudding I have ever had.
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 3⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed French bread
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 4 ingredients; stir in butter and whipping cream. Gently stir in bread and raisins. Pour into a lightly greased 2-quart deep baking dish.
- Bake at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes, shielding with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Let pudding stand 10 minutes before serving warm with Vanilla Sauce.
- Sauce Directions:.
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yummy! A wonderful recipe for bread pudding, and I love the vanilla sauce. I made this for a Christmas luncheon that I was going to. I substitute dried cranberries for the raisins. Othr than that, I followed the recipe exactly as written. The bread pudding puffed up nicely and was soft, creamy and loaded with flavor. This ones a keeper. Made for December, 2008 Aussie/NZ Tag.