1/5 Photos of Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
Taken on Food Network Canada, from Ricardo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml dark rum
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 1301.24 ml day-old white bread, cut in small cubes
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 1Position the oven rack at the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- 2Butter an 8 in (20 cm) diameter soufflé mould that has an 8 cups (2 litres) volume and sprinkle with sugar.
- 3In a bowl, mix the milk, the egg yolks, brown sugar, the rum and vanilla. Add the bread and raisins. Let the mixture impregnate for 10 minutes.
- 4In another bowl, beat the egg whites until there is a formation of firm peaks.
- 5Using a spatula, little by little incorporate the meringue to the bread mixture while folding carefully. Pour into the mould.
- 6Bake for about 1 hour, or until the center is firm and slightly humid.
- 7Serve immediately. Decorate with pecans and coat with the sauce.
- 8Rum Sauce :.
- 9In a sauce pan, mix the brown sugar and flour.
- 10Add the cream, milk, rum and vanilla.
- 11Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Let it become lukewarm while whisking a few times.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Rum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 908.9
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 607.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 154.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 100.6 g
- Protein 16.8 g