1/2 Photos of Bread Pudding With Raspberry/Strawberry Topping
1 hr 10 mins
This is a great desert fit to serve any company. The Raspberry/Strawberry Topping is the key to this recipe. From the Hacienda Antigua Bed & Breakfast altered a tad to our liking. Prep time does not include letting the bread set overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- French bread, Enough to cover a 9x13 inch pan cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml milk
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml dried currant
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
RASPBERRY or STRAWBERRY TOPPING
- 1Blend all of the Custard ingredients together.
- 2Prepare a 9x13 inch pan lightly sprayed with a vegetable oil sray and lined with 1 inch slices of French bread.
- 3Leave the pan of bread (covered but not sealed tightly) overnight to dry on the counter.
- 4In the morning, preheat over to 350 degrees.
- 5Pour the custard over the bread.
- 6Decorate with a scattering of cinnamon powder and bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
- 7For the topping.
- 8Heat the mixture in a sauce pan until it boils. Puree and serve warm over the bread pudding.
- 9Serve with mixed fresh fruit in season.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Raspberry/Strawberry Topping
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.3
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 76.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g