Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This yummy favorite is easy to prepare and has less sugar without losing any of the great taste. Top with whipped cream or ice cream to make a great dessert.
- 1⁄2 loaf whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup organic cinnamon applesauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Tear bread into bite sized pieces and place into oven safe baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk, cream, apple sauce, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar to the mixing bowl and combine.
- Sprinkle raisins over bread.
- Pour liquid over bread and raisins.
- Stir all together so that bread is moist.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Serve hot out of the oven or after cooling and refrigerating.