Prep 19 mins
Cook 40 mins
i like this ,hope you do to
- 6 cups French bread, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (not evaporated milk)
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- heat oven to 350.
- place bread cubes an rasins in butter 9 in bakkingpan.
- mix toger eggs, condensed milk, water, butter, orange rinds, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- pour over bread evenly, bake 40 minutes.
- put orange sauce in saucepan.
- combine orange juice, sugar and corn starch.
- over medium heat cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- serve with warm bread pudding.
Great recipe! This is the way bread pudding should taste.
Came across your recipe by accident- am sooooo glad --cause we 'love' Bread Puddings--almost 'any' kind! & 'this' sounds really good with the 'sauce' we also love ones 'with' the sauces----am 'definitely' gonna try this one--& will rate it afterwards- maybe try it for the wk.end. holiday---& surprise my husband--thank you soooo--Frenchy!
I just ran across your recipe. Haven't tried it yet, but it will definitely be on deck for the next dessert we have. It sounds very much like the bread pudding w/sauce from a popular cafeteria here in the midwest. I'll comment and rate this as soon as I try it! Thanks!