1 hr 45 mins
I have not tired this recipe YET and am posting it so I won't misplace it. I am planning to do so this weekend b/c I love bread pudding and I love cherries and it's a three day weekend. Yea! I will toast the bread in the toaster oven and bake in the oven rather than use a grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill the bread over direct medium heat until toasted and grill marks appear, about 2 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time.
- 2Cut bread into cubes and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, and melted butter. Beat until well blended.
- 5Add milk, then stir in dried cherries and lemon zest.
- 6Add bread cubes and toss until mixed well.
- 7Let rest for about 45 minutes, patting the bread down into the liquid occasionally.
- 8Transfer bread and egg mixture to a 5- by 9-inch loaf pan.
- 9Place pan in center of cooking grate and grill over indirec medium heat for 50 to 60 minutes or until top is well-browned and puffy.
- 10Slice and serve warm with low-fat frozen yogurt, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Dried Cherries on the Grill
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.5 mg
- Sodium 733.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: