1 hr 15 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
I found this recipe in Gourmet August 2008. Posted for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced using only half of the green parts
- 4 cups corn kernels, fresh recommended can use frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper, plus extra
- paprika or red chili pepper, to sprinkle on top
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, can use cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, can use basil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 5 cups cubed bread, without crusts
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup half-and-half or 1/2 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Butter a 3 qt gratin dish or casserole.
- 3Heat oil in a wide skillet over med high heat. Add the scallions, corn and paprika (or red chile) and cook until the scallions have softened and the corn is heated through, about 4 minutes.
- 4Season with 1/2 tsp salt and stir in the parsley or dill.
- 5Whisk the eggs and milk with 1/2 tsp salt and pour it over bread in a bowl. Add the corn mixture and cheese and transfer the mixture to the prepared casserole dish. Pour over the half and half or milk.
- 6Bake until puffed and browned about 45 minutes. Add dash of paprika or chile to the top and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Corn
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.6 mg
- Sodium 420.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 18.3 g