1/2 Photos of Bread Pudding With Chantilly Cream
2 hrs 30 mins
From chefpaul.com - another New Orleans classic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups white bread cubes, very stale
- 1In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat the eggs on high speed until extremely frothy, about 3 minutes (or with a metal whisk for about 6 minutes).
- 2Add the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon and butter and beat on high until well blended.
- 3Beat in the milk, then stir in the raisins and pecans.
- 4Place the bread cubes in a greased loaf pan.
- 5Pour the egg mixture over them and toss until the bread is soaked.
- 6Let sit until you see only a narrow bead of liquid around the pan’s edges, about 45 minutes, patting the bread down into the liquid occasionally.
- 7Place in a preheated 350F oven.
- 8Immediately lower the heat to 300F and bake 40 minutes.
- 9Increase oven temperature to 425F and bake until pudding is well browned and puffy, about 15 to 20 minutes more.
- 10To serve, spoon in ½ cup hot bread pudding and top with ¼ cup Chantilly Cream.
- 11Chantilly Cream:.
- 12Makes about 2 cups.
- 13Refrigerate a medium-size bowl and beaters until very cold.
- 14Combine cream vanilla, brandy and Grand Marnier in the bowl and beat with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute.
- 15Add the sugar and sour cream and beat on medium just until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- 16Do not over beat. Over beating will make the cream grainy.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Chantilly Cream
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 122.2 mg
- Sodium 68.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 43.5 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white bread cubes