Top Review by JanetSmith154
hey! I've made this several times, and the only things I've changed - mainly from necessity (b/c I didn't have apples one time) were leaving out the apples, using cream instead of milk, and I double the cinnamon. Thanks for posting!!!
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, Chopped
- 5 cups French bread, cubed (Stale)
- 1 apple, Chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer, beat eggs until frothy (about 3 minutes).
- Add sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon, and beat until well blended.
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter and milk until the butter melts (but do not allow it to boil).
- In a large bowl, mix together raisins, pecans and bread cubes.
- Combine the milk and egg mixtures, pour this over the bread and allow it to soak for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease individual ramekins or a large loaf pan.
- Add the apple to the bread pudding, and spoon mixture into the baking container.
- Place in oven immediately reduce heat 300 degrees F and bake for 40 minutes.
- Increase heat to 425 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes until nicely browned.
- To make bourbon sauce, combine 2 eggs and icing sugar.
- Melt butter in a double broiler, whisk in egg mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sugar has melted and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Allow to cool, and add bourbon.
- Serve over bread pudding.