Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great recipe to use up old bread.
Make and share this Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 loaf French bread, at least a day old, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup raisins (soaked overnight in 1/4 cup bourbon)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup Bourbon or 3⁄4 cup other whiskey
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bread Pudding:.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place bread in large bowl.
- Combine the cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, butter, and raisins. Wisk to mix.
- Pour the mixture over bread, and gentle stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes, until bread soaks up liquid.
- Transfer the bread mixture to a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until set. The pudding is done when the edges start getting a bit brown and pulling away from the edge of the pan.
- Bourbon Sauce:.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and sugar.
- Place the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the bourbon in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Pour into the cream mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat, add the salt, and stir in the butter and the remaining 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- Serve warm.