1/1 Photo of Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
1 hr 25 mins
Douglas Poe's Note:
Great recipe to use up old bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread, at least a day old, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup raisins (soaked overnight in 1/4 cup bourbon)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1Bread Pudding:.
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Place bread in large bowl.
- 4Combine the cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, butter, and raisins. Wisk to mix.
- 5Pour the mixture over bread, and gentle stir to combine.
- 6Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes, until bread soaks up liquid.
- 7Transfer the bread mixture to a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 8Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until set. The pudding is done when the edges start getting a bit brown and pulling away from the edge of the pan.
- 9Bourbon Sauce:.
- 10In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and sugar.
- 11Place the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of the bourbon in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- 12Pour into the cream mixture and bring to a boil.
- 13Once the sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- 14Remove the sauce from the heat, add the salt, and stir in the butter and the remaining 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- 15Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1103.7
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.9 g
- Cholesterol 241.9 mg
- Sodium 826.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 57.3 g
- Protein 23.1 g