Prep 24 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Rich and amazing!! Everyone will ask for more. You can fiddle with the recipe. Substitute Rum for Bourbon, or try Amaretto.
- Night BEFORE:.
- set raisins in small dish with 4 TBS rum.
- few hours before -- set out bread.
- Preheat oven at 350*. Grease 9 X13" pan.
- Cube the bread & put pieces into a Lg bowl, pouring cream & coconut milk, set aside to saturate completely. Then place in pan evenly.
- In separate bowl, beat yolks, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg. Add Rum & Raisin mixture & pour over bread in pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- In small Saucepan, combine brown sugar, bourbon, butter and cream, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil gently until thickened, approximately 10+ minutes. Pour a little over each portion when serving.