1/4 Photos of Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
This Southern Bread Pudding is luscious. Be sure to serve the bourbon sauce while it is slightly warm. Quite often, this is our family's choice of holiday desserts. This came from an old southern cookbook many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (16 oz.)
- 4 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1Combine bread and milk in a large mixing bowl; set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2Add eggs, sugar, raisins, butter and vanilla; stir well.
- 3Spoon mixture into a greased 3 quart casserole.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 325°F for 1 hour or until firm.
- 5Cool in pan at least 20 minutes before serving.
- 6Spoon into individual serving bowls; serve with Bourbon Sauce.
- 7Bourbon Sauce: Combine butter and sugar in a small saucepan; cook over medium, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves.
- 8Add egg, stirring briskly with a wire whisk until well blended.
- 9Cook over medium heat 1 minute.
- 10Remove from heat, cool slightly; stir in bourbon.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Bourbon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1172.6
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 152.0 mg
- Sodium 1222.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 203.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 91.0 g
- Protein 30.4 g