1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 45 mins
pink cook's Note:
I originally found this good recipe in Sam's Club website, posted by Chef Wolfgang Puck; but I posted it in the forum in request of Dreamgoddess. She said that it was fantastic and her family wanted her to make it again, so i want to post it in here, too. Enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1182.95 ml day-old French bread (or use brioche, challah or croissants bread)
- 709.77 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped (or use 1 tsp. vanilla extract)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml blueberries (or use any other berries you like)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter a 12-inch round, oven-proof pan or a 3-quart baking dish.
- 2Combine the milk, cream, sugar and vanilla bean in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- 3Stir to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat, cover the pan with plastic wrap and allow to steep for 15 minutes (if using vanilla extract you don'tt have to steep the mixture). Remove the vanilla pod, scraping all of the remaining seeds into the milk.
- 4Meanwhile, spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Toast until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and arrange in the baking dish in an even layer.
- 5Beat the eggs and egg yolks together in a bowl. Bring the milk mixture back to a simmer and remove from the heat. Making sure that the mixture is not simmering, whisk 1/2 cup into the egg yolks.
- 6Combine well, then whisk the tempered eggs back into the milk mixture. Scrape in all of the egg mixture with a rubber spatula.
- 7Pour the custard mixture over the bread and let sit for 5 minutes. Gently press the bread down into the custard mixture. Top with the berries.
- 8Place the baking dish in a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with enough water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- 9Bake 45 minutes, until set and the top is just beginning to color.
- 10Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Serve warm, room temperature or cold.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Berries
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 208.4 mg
- Sodium 85.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
day-old French bread