1/1 Photo of Bread Pudding With Apples, Pecans and Raisins
Got this recipe from the Panera Bread web site. I love bread pudding and always looking for great recipes. I haven't made it yet but wanted to store it here.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 loaf cinnamon, raisin white bread torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, large
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1 tablespoon rum
- 8 small baking apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (Fuji, Gala or Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup apples, quince or 1/2 cup blackberry jam or 1/2 cup jelly
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add the bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well coated.
- 4Add the sugar, pecans, orange zest and juice, cider, and vanilla extract.
- 5Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until a sauce begins to form.
- 6In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer the bread mixture with the apples and dot the top with the jam or jelly.
- 7Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding With Apples, Pecans and Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.4
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 15.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 60.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: