2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lacey in MI's Note:
We like this with golden raisins. It's also good with dried cranberries, cherries or raisins. A bit of orange zest or flavoring is good with the cranberries and a bit of almond extract with the cherries. Prep time includes the 60 minute refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, core and dice apples.
- 2Lightly saute in butter and put on the side.
- 3Cut croissants into bite size pieces.
- 4Toss with apples and raisins.
- 5Place in greased 2 1/2 qt.
- 6deep round cassarole dish.
- 7Mix eggs, yolks, sugar and vanilla together.
- 8Add cream and milk.
- 9Pour over croissant/apple mixture and refrigerate for one hour.
- 10Push mixture down once or twice while in refrigerator to allow croissants to absorb egg and cream mixture.
- 11Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Cover dish with foil and bake in shallow hot water bath for 45 minutes.
- 13Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- 14Center should be set and top lightly browned and puffy before removing from the oven.
- 15Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding with Apples
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.7
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 290.3 mg
- Sodium 518.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 11.8 g