This is an old Maltese recipe which my grandmother used to make for us on Sunday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the crust from the bread.
- 2Soak the bread in the milk until it becomes soft.
- 3Add the margarine, sugar, candied fruit, chocolate powder andthe brandy to the bread and milk mixture.
- 4Mix well using your fingers.
- 5Beat the eggs lightly and add to the mixture along with the vanilla extract and the raisins.
- 6Grease a baking dish with the margarine and spread the mixture in it.
- 7Sprinkle with crushed almonds on top of the mixture and bake in a moderate oven for about half an hour.
- 8Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding (pudina)
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.0 mg
- Sodium 626.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 30.9 g
- Protein 14.5 g