Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old Maltese recipe which my grandmother used to make for us on Sunday.
Make and share this Bread Pudding (pudina) recipe from Food.com.
- 800 g stale bread
- 560 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 glass brandy or 1 glass rum
- 2 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 ounces sugar
- 3 drops vanilla essence
- 2 ounces candied peel
- 3 1⁄2 ounces raisins
- peel of 1 orange, grated
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 ounces of crushed almonds
- Remove the crust from the bread.
- Soak the bread in the milk until it becomes soft.
- Add the margarine, sugar, candied fruit, chocolate powder andthe brandy to the bread and milk mixture.
- Mix well using your fingers.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add to the mixture along with the vanilla extract and the raisins.
- Grease a baking dish with the margarine and spread the mixture in it.
- Sprinkle with crushed almonds on top of the mixture and bake in a moderate oven for about half an hour.
- Serve cold.