Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the Caribbean version of bread pudding. Recipe from Hector Rodriguez Newsletter.
- 1⁄4 lb stale bread
- 2 cups hot milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- Remove and discard crusts from the bread. Cut remaining bread into cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, soak bread cubes in the hot milk for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix the soaked cubes well and then strain off excess milk.Dredge raisins in the flour and then fold into the bread and milk mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl. And mix well.
- Pour the bread mix into the greased baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Top with your favorite dessert topping sauce.