Recipe by NoSpringChicken
Recently, a kitchen experiment resulted in this delicious dessert. We've had it several times since then! The recipe makes a small amount, for there are just the two of us at home now, but it is easy to double or triple.
- 1 1⁄2 cups French bread cubes (1/2 inch) or 1 1⁄2 cups white bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup orange-flavored craisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In mixing bowl, blend the milk, sugar, egg and salt.
- Stir in bread cubes, craisins and orange extract.
- Let stand for five minutes.
- Stir bread cube mixture and pour into a three cup baking dish, which has been coated with pan spray.
- Sprinkle with the shredded orange peel.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Stir the 1 tablespoon sugar into the heavy cream until dissolved.
- Drizzle some of the cream onto a dessert plate, top with a serving of bread pudding and serve warm.