1/1 Photo of Bread Pudding Muffins
Chunks of leftover bread in a buttery, creamy, cinnamon-laced custard . Yum! This recipe is so easy to throw together and is great for breakfast or dessert. Recipe is from Marcy Goldman, excellent baking cookbook, "The New Best of BetterBaking.com"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups cubed challah (1.75 L) or 7 cups brioche bread (1.75 L) or 7 cups croissants (1.75 L) or 7 cups another bread (1.75 L)
- 1/2 cup milk (125 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups warm half-and-half (375 mL) or 1 1/2 cups light cream (375 mL)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar (160 mL)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (10 mL)
- 1 tablespoon brandy (15 mL) (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (15 mL)
- 3/8 teaspoon salt (1.5 mL)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (1 mL, increase to 1/2 t if you really like cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, plumped and patted dry (125 mL) or 1/2 cup diced fresh apples (125 mL) or 1/2 cup dried cranberries (125 mL)
- icing sugar mixed with touch cocoa or cinnamon, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. Grease top of the muffin pan.
- 2Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3Pour all but 2 cups (500 mL) of the bread cubes in a large bowl. Add milk and cream and let stand for 3 minutes, then stir to mush up some of the cubes and let the liquid soak inches Stir in eggs, sugar, vanilla, brandy and butter.
- 4In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, then stir into wet ingredients. Add raisins and stir well to make a chunky butter. Stir in reserved breads cubes just to mix.
- 5Using a large ice-cream scoop, fill each muffin cup to just over rim. Place muffin pan on prepared baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are golden with tips of firmer bread cubes golden brown. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Unmold onto a serving platter on wire rack, dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1085 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.9 mg
- Sodium 206.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: