Recipe by Chef Archie
My mother, who passed away nearly eleven years ago, was a wonderful cook. Problem was, like with a lot of moms, most of her recipes died with her because she did not write them down. After a lot of trial and error, I think that I have the Bread Pudding down pat. Hope you enjoy.
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter (plus extra for buttering pan)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 slices white bread
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In saucepan on low heat, warm milk, 1/2 stick butter, 1 teasp cinnamon, 1/2 cup sugar, and salt until butter melts.
- Butter 1 1/2 quart baking dish and cut or tear bread into bite size peices.
- Place bread in baking dish and pour milk mixture over it. Let sit for a few minutes, submerging bread peices.
- Beat eggs briefly and stir into bread mixture.
- Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top'.
- Set baking dish into larger pan. Fill larger pan with hot water to within one inch of top of baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes - 1 hour or until a knife inerted in center comes nearly clean.
- Let cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or after refridgeration.