1/2 Photos of Bread Pudding in the Microwave
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but it is handwritten in a small book where I saved recipes back in the mid-80s. I haven't made this in ages, but I do recall I used to make it a lot. I think I will make it again today! :-) Ordinary sandwich bread works fine, or use a spiffier bread to make a spiffier pudding. Serve with a vanilla custard sauce, whipped cream, or even ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spread bread cubes evenly in an 8-inch round glass pan.
- 2Sprinkle with the sugar, salt, and raisins.
- 3Place milk in a 4-cup glass measuring cup and add the butter.
- 4Microwave on High for four minutes, until butter melts and milk is warm.
- 5Rapidly, stir in eggs with a fork or small whisk and combine well.
- 6Pour over bread.
- 7Microwave on Medium-High for 9 to 12 minutes.
- 8When cooked, centre may still be slightly soft, but does set up as pudding cools.
- 9Serve warm or chilled; your preference.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding in the Microwave
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.3
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 387.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 7.5 g