Recipe by casamain
All of us at times have some bread left over and most times its either too little or just not enough to do much wth it BUT that little bit can make a nice quick dessert for tiny fussy eaters or an after lunch / dinner sweet. It also can be a little surprise when you vist a friend, neighbour, just about any one..
- 250 g stale bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sugar or 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 75 g raisins
- 50 g sliced almonds (optional) or 50 g cashews (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter
- cooking spray, for the glass bowl
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or 2 tablespoons marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl add the milk, break the bread into very small pieces and let it soak for 3 to 5 minutes. With your ( clean hands) mash the bread up. add the sugar and mix thoroughly. Add the egg and mix again. Finally add the Vanilla, the raisins and nuts. Blend well.
- Use a microwavable glass bowl ( I use a fluted pyrex dish used for jello). Spray the bowl with the Cooking spray. Pour the mixture and dot it with butter.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes. The pudding is ready when you touch the middle and find it firm,yet soft.
- Remove and turn over on a plate and serve with the Apricot or marmalade jam.