Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
i love bread pudding and this is one of the best
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups French bread cubes
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 -3 tablespoons cream or 2 -3 tablespoons half-and-half
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bread Pudding: In large bowl, combine eggs, condensed milk,.
- water, butter, cinnamon and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in bread cubes and raisins, if desired, moistening completely.
- Pour mixture into a buttered, 9", deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour.
- Cool and serve with rum sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Rum Sauce:.
- In a bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, rum and enough cream to make smooth creamy sauce.
- Serve over bread pudding, if desired.
- Makes 8 servings.
I made this for Christmas and forgot to rate this. I am so sorry! This was GREAT! I love rum more than the whiskey sauce so this was right up my alley. The sauce alone when tried is strong, but once over the bread pudding it's perfect and not overwhelming. This was perfect for us. Thank you!