1/4 Photos of Bread Pudding for 2
This is a great low-sugar, low-fat dessert designed for 2. It is easily adapted using a variety of dried fruit; i.e., blueberries, chopped apricots, dried apples, and/or pecans or walnuts. Let your imagination lead you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 slice challah (thick slices) or 1 -2 slice French bread (thick slices)
- 4 tablespoons golden raisins or 4 tablespoons dried blueberries
- 1 eggs or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar or 1 1/2 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I use Baking Spice Blend Mix)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1Spray two 6 to 7 oz ramekins with non-stick cooking spray; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cube bread and measure out 1 cup of cubes, place cubes in prepared ramekins and divided the raisins or blueberries between the two.
- 3In a small dish, beat together the milk, egg or egg substitute, stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla; mixing well.
- 4Pour the mixture evenly over the bread cubes and drizzle with melted butter.
- 5Place on a cookie sheet, just in case it cooks over, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes our clean.
- 6Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding for 2
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.9
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.1 mg
- Sodium 288.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g