Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful bread pudding with a Mexican flair.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb white bread, cubed (1 1-.5 lb. loaf)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar, dark
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (mild)
- If bread is fresh, toast before cutting into cubes.
- Heat water in a saucepan.
- Add sugar and butter.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add bread pieces to liquid and soak completely.
- Add raisin, peanuts and cheese.
- Pour into a buttered 8"x8" pan and cover.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.