Recipe by Y Franche
This recipe is my own personal version of the best bread pudding I have ever tasted.
Top Review by hmadden
This is the first time ive made bread pudding. its a favorite dessert of my husband, as he orders it at restaurants. this recipe is super easy, quick and delicious! my family absolutely loved it! perfect right out of the oven on a chilly, winter day. this is a new family favorite!
- 6 dinner rolls (hamburger size rolls)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- nutmeg (optional)
- raisins (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cube rolls into 1 inch pieces.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, butter, but don't allow to boil.
- When cooled, add vanilla, beaten eggs, sugar and baking powder.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spray 9X13 baking dish with Pam, layer the bread cubes and pour the liquid all over, making sure the bread is well saturated.
- Sprinkle brown sugar topping all over the bread and cover with pecans.
- If you prefer, sprinkle top with cinnamon and raisins.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, until top is brown and looks crusty.
- Serve warm with cream.