Recipe by Kree
Want something different from the traditional apple pie? Give this a try!
Top Review by Hey Jude
Outstanding! I made this for guests and got 7 thumbs up! I served this with vanilla ice cream and, for the sake of ease, a store bought pie crust. Next time I'll use my own home-made pie crust and it'll be even better. This is nice to make when you want apple pie but only have a couple of apples on hand. Thanks Kree, great recipe!
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml applesauce
- 118.29 ml non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml rolled oats
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 709.77 ml bread, cubes
- 2 apples, peeled cored and chopped
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, applesauce, yogurt, white sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon.
- Stir in bread and apples.
- Pour into pie crust.
- In another bowl stir 1/4 cup brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle on top of pie filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until top is golden and fruit is tender.