1/3 Photos of Bread Pudding and Sauce
A bread pudding dessert New Orleans style
My Private Note
bread p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup brandy or 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 1 cup brown sugar, measured packed tightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 loaf French bread, using day old bread cut in to 1 inch cubes (no need to remove crusts)
- 1Grease a shallow baking dish (2-1/2-qt size).
- 2Add the raisings and brandy (or apple juice) to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from head and set aside.
- 3Using a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cream, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and nutmeg.
- 4Stir in the melted butter and the raisin mixture.remaining butter and reserved raisin mixture.
- 5Gently stir in the cubes bread and allow to stand for about 15 minutes. During this time the bread will soften as it absorbs the mixture.
- 6Transfer the mixture to the greased baking sidh.
- 7Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean.
- 8To prepare the sauce- again using a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add the cold water and mix well.
- 9Bring this mixture to a boil over head and stir for about 2 minutes, until thickened.
- 10Remove from the heat; stir in the butter and brandy (or vanilla).
- 11Serve the sauce over the bread pudding.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding and Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.1
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.5 mg
- Sodium 709.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 16.2 g