Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This Recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. It can be made ahead, prepare recipe through step 2, cover and chill in refrigerator up to 24 hours. Uncover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife comes out clean. This is good served with a caramel sauce.
- 1 loaf banana bread (Purchased or homemade, 1-pound)
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups light cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 16 milk chocolate kisses or 16 chocolate truffles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut banana bread into 1-inch cubes; place into a ungreased 2-quart square (8x8x2-inch) baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat together egg yolks, half& half, and sugar.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and a knike inserted off center comes out clean (center will appear moist but will set up with standing).
- Immediiatly cut into 25 squares (about 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch) in pan.
- Place a chocolate kiss on top of each square.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.
You beat me to it! I was going to post this recipe... Its so good! I loved it. Only thing, recipe calls for 16 kisses, but to cut the pudding into 25 peices. So, I just had to add more kisses. Fine by me!