Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 7 slices white bread
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, large,slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Slice bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Also use the crusts.
- Put in a medium size bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the bread cubes.
- Add the raisins.
- Scald the milk with the butter.
- Pour the scalded milk and butter over the bread cubes.
- Mix lightly.
- Add the beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Mix again.
- Pour into a buttered 8x8 inch pan.
- Set the pan with the bread puddding into a larger outer pan and add about 1/2 inch of very hot water to the outer pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees until set, (When knife comes out clean) about 30-45 minutes.
- Cut into serving pieces when cooled.