Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple, sweet, and delicious recipe for bread pudding from Allrecipes.com.
Make and share this Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread.
- If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Pretty good - very easy to throw together and you don't have to cook it in a water bath. Most of my raisins sunk to the bottom - I used to know what caused that, but I can't remember. Good balance of sweetness and spices. I'll definitely make it again - Thanks Kree!
This recipe is almost like the one in my Better Homes and Garden cookbook except this one is easier to follow. I will have to disagree that this is not a recipe for Bread pudding, that is what it is called in my cookbook. This is very easy to make and tastes wonderful warm right out of the oven. YUM
Hi, your recipe for Bread pudding is actuallt the recipe for Bread and Butter Pudding, Bread Pudding is totaly different, Sorry Maria mabbitt U.K