Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
A fantastic blend of vanilla and bread which creates a truly unique and palate-pleasing desert. Very traditional.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs or 1 cup bread, cubes
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- raisins (optional)
- Scald milk on very low fat.
- Add butter.
- Add bread crumbs to milk mixture& set aside 5 minutes.
- Beat eggs until slightly mixed, add sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to milk mixture.
- Pour into baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until firm.
A very nice and simple recipe. I had to add a bit of cinnamon to kick it up.