1/1 Photo of Bread Pudding
This is an adaptation of my mother's recipe, I figured that if rum & raisin ice cream is good, why not bread pudding? Of course, you could use brandy or cognac or plain old water for soaking the raisins! Top the pudding with Custard Sauce Custard Sauce or Rum Sauce Rum Sauce or vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Put raisins in a small bowl, sprinkle with rum& set aside for at least 10 minutes or overnight, if possible.
- 3Lightly oil an 8 inch baking dish or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4Spread bread evenly in the dish.
- 5Whisk eggs in a medium size mixing bowl.
- 6Add milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- 7Stir in the rum soaked raisins.
- 8Pour this mixture over the bread and press down gently to ensure that all bread is moistened.
- 9Let stand for at least 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes pressing down occasionally.
- 10Bake for 35- 40 minutes or until puffed& set in the center.
- 11Serve warm with ice cream or frozen yogurt or rum sauce or custard sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 179.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 5.7 g