Recipe by Shari2
This is a very filling breakfast item.
Top Review by Cindy Lynn
This was simple to make and absolutely delicious. It took about 10 minutes longer to bake than the recipe said it would, but that could be because I was using an Xtra-large egg and real sugar rather than splenda. I will definitely be making this again on days when it's just me home for lunch. I used whole wheat bread.
- 2 slices low-calorie bread
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 2 cup casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into cubes and arrange them in the casserole dish with the raisins.
- Combine milk, egg, splenda, and vanilla.
- Pour over bread and rasins.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until done (insert knife if center, if comes out clean it's done).
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.