Recipe by Lilac and Ivy
This is our family's absolute favorite, we have it cold in the morning with milk. A must-try!!! This uses up those old bread crusts. :)
- 5 -6 cups breadcrumbs (old bread crusts tore into pieces)
- 2⁄3 cup raisins (optional)
- 6 -8 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey (or 2/3 c. sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325.
- Mix milk, honey, eggs, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon, beating well with egg beater.
- Add bread crumbs and raisins.
- Bake 60 minutes in 9"x13" pan.
- For 10"x15" pan use 7-9 cups bread crumbs, about a cup of raisins, 9-12 eggs, 5-7 cups milk, 1/2 cup honey, 11/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 11/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 teaspoon salt.