- 4 slices buttered toast, quartered
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place toast and rasins in baking dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, water, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Pour over toast and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix 4 tbs. sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 or untill toothpick comes out clean.