Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This bread pudding has a yummy whiskey sauce.It serves a crowd too.
- 1 loaf French bread or 1 loaf sliced white bread
- 1 quart milk
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- Break bread into small chunks, and put in a large bowl.
- Add milk, and let soak about 10 minutes; crush with hands until blended.
- Add eggs, sugar, raisins, and vanilla.
- Pour butter into a 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Spoon pudding mixture into pan; bake at 325F for 25 minutes or until pudding is very firm.
- Let mixture cool; then cut into squares. Place in dessert dishes, and spoon Whiskey Sauce over top of each.
- Whiskey Sauce:.
- Combine butter, sugar and half and half in a heavy saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. remove from heat. Let cool and add whiskey.