Mom's recipe. Delicious!!!! I am posting a Vanilla Sauce (Vanilla Sauce) to go with this. Enjoy!
Make and share this Bread Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Cover raisins with brandy or water.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine.
- Break up bread, set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of this mixture for topping.
- Pour melted margarine on before you toss the bread crumbs. Your sugar mixture will stick better that way.
- Toss bread with remaining sugar mixture.
- Place 1/2 of bread mixture in a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Drain raisins, place 1/2 raisins over bread crumbs.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine egg, salt, and vanilla in a bowl.
- Beat for 1 minute.
- Add milk slowly.
- Pour over mix in dish.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle reserved sugar mix on top.
- Bake at 325F for 45 to 50 minutes.