Recipe by CookingMonster
This is a recipe my Mom used to make us. I am pretty sure my Grandma made this one too. It is such a comfort food and an excellent way to use up dry/staling bread. Serve this with my recipe for Christmas Pudding Sauce. It'll be a hit.
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups bread, cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Scald the milk and add sugar, butter and salt.
- Place bread cubes and raisins in greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the milk.
- Pour over bread.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Serve this with Christmas Pudding Sauce.