- 2 cups bread, torn into pieces and stale
- 2 cups milk, scalded and still hot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together stale bread pieces, hot milk and butter.
- Set aside until cool.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat eggs well, add sugar and milk and stir.
- Stir in spices if desired.
- Mix cold bread mixture with egg mixture.
- Pour into buttered casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes until pudding has set and is turning golden brown.
- Serve warm.