Recipe by Wilmom
These pickles are so satisfyingly tasty and so easy to make! They are good, eaten alone, hence the name "bread 'n' butter"--that being all you'd need to make a complete meal! Crispy, and delicious! Bon Appetit!!
- 16 cups cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 cups vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice cucumbers into thin slices.
- Pack in ice for three hours.
- Drain off water.
- Discard bits of ice.
- Mix together other ingredients.
- Place cucumbers in a large stainless steel pot.
- Pour ingredients over the cucumbers.
- Bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, pack into jars.
- Wipe rims, and cap, using sterilized lids and bands.
- Let set for 6 weeks before eating.