Recipe by Joodie
I derived this recipe from another one on this site. I was missing some of the ingredients, so made some substitutions. I don't like to dirty too many things in my kitchen (mixer, bowl, and loaf pan), so I tried it out in my bread maker- worked out fine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup bread flour
- 1 cup quick oats (the recipe recommends a cup, which worked well for me)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas or 3 medium bananas, well mashed
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In bread maker, combine eggs (slightly beaten), honey, mashed bananas, applesauce, and flax meal.
- You can do this in a separate bowl. I did in my food processor because I didn't have quick oats. Pulse 4 or 5 times. Blend together oats, flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to wet ingredients in bread maker.
- Set to quick bread. Add almonds when you see that the dough is well incorporated.